What do others like you think of this course?
“Prior to doing this course Excel has always scared the heck out of me! I never expected to learn so much and am amazed by all the things that can be done using excel. It’s so much more than just formulas! The course is really well presented and makes the whole learning experience comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you so much for putting together such a great course. I’ve already signed up to the intermediate to advanced excel course and I look forward to learning more about Microsoft Word in the future too… I imagine there are all orts of neat little tricks that I had no idea about!” — Adam Shipley
“Phillip is a brilliant teacher of Excel . His explanations are clear , in-depth and very comprehensive” – xlongFx
“Awesome organization of course and well presented. I really loved the course. Of course as I am using excel for many years in work I was quite aware and using many features, but there are many details which helped me to polish my excel skills.” – Manjunath Hirennavar
In this 11 hour course, learn how to:
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
- Create and navigate in Excel worksheets and workbooks,
- Format worksheets and workbooks,
- Customize options and views, and
- Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks for distribution.
Manage data cells and ranges
- Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and
- Summarise and organize data in Excel .
- Create and manage tables,
- Manage table styles and options, and
- Filter and sort a table.
Perform operations with Excel formulas and functions
- Summarize data,
- Perform conditional operations, and
- Format and modify text.
- Excel Formulas such as COUNTIF, SUMIF, MIN etc. are translated into 15 different languages.
Create charts and objects
- Create charts,
- Format graphic elements, and
- Insert and format objects in Excel .
The course will take about 10 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Excel skills.
- This course will use the latest version of Excel 2019, but is ideal for you if you use any modern version – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365.
- This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Excel, but want to learn the newer versions.
- This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Excel, as by the end you should the knowledge to because certified as a Microsoft specialist, if you wish to do so.
- You will cover the content tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist exams including Exam 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core)
- This course may not be for you if you want to learn Microsoft Excel for Macintosh computers.
What Will You Learn?
- Create, configure and save Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Navigate through and format worksheets and workbooks.
- Customise options and views for worksheets and workbooks.
- Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks to print (e.g. page setup).
- Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and create and modify tables.
- Highlight, filter, sort and group cells, ranges and tables.
- Create and format Excel charts.
- Insert and format objects, including modifying images.
- Create formulas in Excel, including using conditional logic and modifying text.
An introduction to Excel
Draft Lesson 200:00
Create worksheets and workbooks
Draft Lesson 300:00